Filed under Viewpoints

Farewell to NKU

I think that the moment that I stepped onto campus I began the countdown to when I would leave. Coming to college was honestly one of the toughest transitions of my life.

My first year did not consist of a whole lot. I was your typical NKU commuter student. Come to class. Go to work. Go home. Repeat. A whole year in cruise. After a semester into my sophomore year I decided that this is not who I am, and for those that know, this really is not who I am.

I joined the Student Government Association. Then it was Activities Programming Board. Next thing I knew I was on my way to the NLS 2012 Fall Retreat, shout out to all of brown family, and no you still cannot flush this. Around that same time is when I realized the amazing relationships that I had made in a short time. From my main PR B!^C*#$ (you know who you are) to my professors.

There is one professor that made a lasting impression. When I met her I wanted to be her. If you don’t know her, you should. Dr. McNally, Jackie Mac, whatever you may call her. She has been a shining light. She showed myself and many others what true character and charisma look like. I do not think that I will ever be able to thank her for everything she has done for me, but this may be a start.

At the beginning of the semester I took a job with this fine establishment that we call The Northerner. Who knew what a ride it would be? Nobody tells you how hard a job is when you start out, especially selling advertising. But you know, you start to get the hang of it and then it begins to come together.

So thank you Kevin for believing in me and my ability. You have always been a dear friend and maybe we should have gotten married in second grade like it was recommended to us? Erica and Diana, you two both will go so far! I am glad we crossed paths and were able to revive the business team, we rock. Chanell, now I hope you aren’t crying, we don’t need a repeat of seventh grade… That was awkward. Thanks for everything since we have been at NKU.

To everyone who I crossed paths with, thank you. You have shaped me in someway, somehow, even though you may not realize this right now.

This is not a good-bye by any means. More like a see you later. In the words of an old camp song, “I want to linger, a little longer, a little longer here with you.” Continue to be amazing people, be the good you wish to see, and I will see you all soon! Oh and P.S. seniors, WE DID IT!

• Farewell to NKU

Passing the paper: A farewell to Colleen

• Farewell to NKU

Opinions

OPINION: On a cruise a student explores the disconnect between nature, humanity

• Farewell to NKU

Editorial

A goodbye from the editor of The Northerner

• Farewell to NKU

Editorial

The NCAA Tournament: A Sports Writer’s Dream

• Farewell to NKU

Editorial

Column: Win or Lose, NKU winners no matter what

• Farewell to NKU

Opinions

OPINION: Just discovered NKU? 10 totally serious facts you need to know

• Farewell to NKU

Opinions

WATCH | NKU students talk Oscars

• Farewell to NKU

Editorial

My last piece as Editor: An ode to my Northerner family

• Farewell to NKU

A voice and a choice: Student opts for third party

• Farewell to NKU

Opinion: What the results of the election will mean for the Supreme Court

Farewell to NKU