Volleyball sweeps Stetson at home

NKU's volleyball team celebrates after a NKU point against Stetson in the third set of NKU's 3-0 win against the Hatters. NKU defeated Stetson 3-0 at Regents Hall on NKU Campus on Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014.

Carrie Crotzer, Sports Editor

NKU’s volleyball team took on Stetson University for the second time this season on Saturday, sweeping them in a quick three set match, winning 3-0 (25-18, 25-13, 25-23).

The match was quite the turnaround from their 3-2 loss Friday night against Florida Gulf Coast University (24-26,23-25,25-23,25-25,13-15).

The game also proved to be different than the matchup earlier in the season where Stetson swept NKU 3-0.

“It was nice to come back and respond especially after last night’s match,” Liz Hart, head volleyball coach, said. “It was good to see the girls respond, play aggressive.”

NKU's Jenna Ruble spikes the ball against Stetson in the third set of NKU's 3-0 win against the Hatters. NKU defeated Stetson 3-0 at Regents Hall on NKU Campus on Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014.

NKU’s Jenna Ruble spikes the ball against Stetson in the third set of NKU’s 3-0 win against the Hatters. NKU defeated Stetson 3-0 at Regents Hall on NKU Campus on Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014.

NKU started off the first two sets strong, picking them up 25-18 and 25-13 respectively.

The third set proved to be the most challenging for NKU as they struggled to maintain the lead throughout. However, NKU would be able to pick up the final set of the day 25-23.

“I think that they kind of killed us when we were down at Stetson, so we definitely kind of wanted revenge,” Mel Stewart said after the game. “I think that we were a lot more crisp and it just looked a lot better, and we needed to play better”

NKU would close the game with a hitting percentage of .306.

Jenna Ruble lead the team with 13 kills and two blocks, while Keely Creamer had 10 kills and fourth blocks. Stewart recorded 17 digs on the day.

With the win, NKU moves to 16-8 overall and 5-5 within the Atlantic Sun Conference.

The Norse next hit the road one last time for the season to take on Jacksonville and North Florida before returning home for their last two games Nov. 14 and 15.

• Volleyball sweeps Stetson at home

Men’s Soccer to host FC Cincinnati reserves in preseason match

• Volleyball sweeps Stetson at home

Baseball

Walks, hit batters lead to Norse defeat in Lexington

• Volleyball sweeps Stetson at home

Baseball

Norse collect second weekend sweep in Youngstown

• Volleyball sweeps Stetson at home

Baseball

GALLERY: Norse sweep Grizzlies on senior day

• Volleyball sweeps Stetson at home

Baseball

Norse pitching can’t handle Panther bats

• Volleyball sweeps Stetson at home

Baseball

Norse split double header with Wright State

• Volleyball sweeps Stetson at home

Norse Notebook: Landrum, Leigeb reflect on Horizon League tournament

• Volleyball sweeps Stetson at home

McQueen steers Norse to senior day victory over Phoenix

• Volleyball sweeps Stetson at home

Baseball

Norse rally in seventh inning to take game three victory

• Volleyball sweeps Stetson at home

Baseball

Norse attempt comeback in ninth, fall short against Raiders

Volleyball sweeps Stetson at home