Norse find loss under rain

NKU soccer player Yaw Addai scored the game-tying goal Wednesday in NKU's 2-1 victory over Eastern Illinois.

Carrie Crotzer, Sports Editor

NKU’s men’s soccer team took on Marshall University at home Wednesday night under lights and rain. 
The game would end in regulation time with Marshall taking the win 2-1.

The game started off  quick for Marshall, who would have their first shot on goal in the second minute.

NKU’s Yaw Addai would have two quick responses in the third and fourth minutes, but neither would produce anything for the Norse.

Both team’s would trade shots evenly for the rest of the first have, however neither team would be able to turn them into anything and would go into halftime with the score 0-0.

NKU soccer player Kobie Qualah dribble away from Marshal's Cory Shimensky in the first half of NKU's 2-1 loss against the Thundering Herd. NKU lost 2-1 to Marshall University Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2014 at NKU Soccer Stadium.

NKU soccer player Kobie Qualah dribble away from Marshal’s Cory Shimensky in the first half of NKU’s 2-1 loss against the Thundering Herd. NKU lost 2-1 to Marshall University Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2014 at NKU Soccer Stadium.

“Another tough one,” NKU Head Coach John Basalyga said after the match. “Typical first half, we played with a little bit of conviction, but not a whole lot.”

Marshall would start off the second half just as quickly as the first, with Daniel Jodah finding the back of the net in the 53rd minute to NKU’s dismay. 

Marshall’s second goal of the game would come off a header from Connor Marino in the 81st minute.

NKU would take many shots throughout the second half that would produce nothing for the Norse until Kobie Qualah found a late goal in the 88th minute.

“And to Kobe’s credit, it got loose, he took a nice shot, and kept it on the ground, and deflected it,” Basalyga said after the game.

With the loss, NKU moves to 2-5-5 on the season and remain 0-1-1 within the Atlantic Sun Conference.

“You know it’s just one of those games where we finally have to put two halves together and find some combination, I mean that’s our biggest problem all year long,” Basalyga said.

The Norse turn to the road for their next conference game in Jacksonville this weekend before returning home Oct. 22 to take on UNC-Asheville.

• Norse find loss under rain

Volleyball sweeps Youngstown State

• Norse find loss under rain

With OT victory over Detroit Mercy, women’s soccer 7-3-1

• Norse find loss under rain

Volleyball weekend: Norse defeat Green Bay, Milwaukee

• Norse find loss under rain

Men’s soccer drops Horizon League home opener to Wright State

• Norse find loss under rain

At home, women’s soccer shuts out Lipscomb 2-0

• Norse find loss under rain

Women’s volleyball rallies after back-to-back losses in Illinois

• Norse find loss under rain

Cross Country

Cross Country kicks off season at home for first time in 39 years

• Norse find loss under rain

Women’s soccer lose heartbreaker to UC in ‘Riverboat Rivalry’

• Norse find loss under rain

Men’s soccer narrowly defeats BGSU Falcons

• Norse find loss under rain

In final seconds, women’s soccer takes down Xavier

Norse find loss under rain