Norse find loss under rain

NKU soccer player Yaw Addai scored the game-tying goal Wednesday in NKU's 2-1 victory over Eastern Illinois.

Carrie Crotzer, Sports Editor

NKU’s men’s soccer team took on Marshall University at home Wednesday night under lights and rain. 
The game would end in regulation time with Marshall taking the win 2-1.

The game started off  quick for Marshall, who would have their first shot on goal in the second minute.

NKU’s Yaw Addai would have two quick responses in the third and fourth minutes, but neither would produce anything for the Norse.

Both team’s would trade shots evenly for the rest of the first have, however neither team would be able to turn them into anything and would go into halftime with the score 0-0.

NKU soccer player Kobie Qualah dribble away from Marshal's Cory Shimensky in the first half of NKU's 2-1 loss against the Thundering Herd. NKU lost 2-1 to Marshall University Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2014 at NKU Soccer Stadium.

NKU soccer player Kobie Qualah dribble away from Marshal’s Cory Shimensky in the first half of NKU’s 2-1 loss against the Thundering Herd. NKU lost 2-1 to Marshall University Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2014 at NKU Soccer Stadium.

“Another tough one,” NKU Head Coach John Basalyga said after the match. “Typical first half, we played with a little bit of conviction, but not a whole lot.”

Marshall would start off the second half just as quickly as the first, with Daniel Jodah finding the back of the net in the 53rd minute to NKU’s dismay. 

Marshall’s second goal of the game would come off a header from Connor Marino in the 81st minute.

NKU would take many shots throughout the second half that would produce nothing for the Norse until Kobie Qualah found a late goal in the 88th minute.

“And to Kobe’s credit, it got loose, he took a nice shot, and kept it on the ground, and deflected it,” Basalyga said after the game.

With the loss, NKU moves to 2-5-5 on the season and remain 0-1-1 within the Atlantic Sun Conference.

“You know it’s just one of those games where we finally have to put two halves together and find some combination, I mean that’s our biggest problem all year long,” Basalyga said.

The Norse turn to the road for their next conference game in Jacksonville this weekend before returning home Oct. 22 to take on UNC-Asheville.

• Norse find loss under rain

Off-season movement continues with Faulkner release, Rack departure

• Norse find loss under rain

McDonald named to Lou Henson All-American Team

• Norse find loss under rain

With Williams transfer, where do the Norse go from here?

• Norse find loss under rain

Gallery: Cardinals rally in second half to end NKU’s season

• Norse find loss under rain

Preview: Norse set to battle Louisville in first round of the NIT

• Norse find loss under rain

Like mother, like son; Drew McDonald joins mother Christie in NKU history books

• Norse find loss under rain

NKU upset bid falls short against Green Bay

• Norse find loss under rain

Horizon League run ends abruptly in quarterfinals for NKU

• Norse find loss under rain

Preview: Women’s basketball ready to take on Detroit Mercy

• Norse find loss under rain

Preview: Tate excited to make impact in first Horizon League tournament

Norse find loss under rain