BREAKING: NKU new president to be voted on

Provided
NKU’s potential new president will be voted on at the Sept. 13 Board of Regents meeting.

The potential new president of NKU will be voted on and introduced at the Wednesday, Sept. 13 Board of Regents meeting, according to an NKU press release.

If approved, the individual will become the university’s seventh president. 

The Board of Regents meeting will take place at 9:30 a.m. in the Governance Room of the Student Union. The meeting is welcome to the public and can also be attended virtually by using this link.

Following the vote, the new president will be introduced and give remarks in the H. Gordon and Thelma Martin Ballroom. Board of Regents Chair Rich Boehne, Presidential Search Committee Chair Kara Williams, Interim President Bonita Brown and the new president will then be available for questions in Room 109 of the SU.

In November 2022, former president Ashish Vaidya announced his departure from the university. In January 2023, Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer Bonita Brown was announced as the interim president and has served in the capacity ever since. 

The presidential search has been closed to the public. On Aug. 11, an email sent on behalf of Williams said that over 90 applications had been reviewed. “To maintain the strongest candidate pool, the search will remain confidential for the time being,” the email read.

The Northerner will continue to provide updates to this breaking news story.