The Fix deux

It’s amazing the thoughts and talents that can project from Lindsay Lohan once she stops snorting the happy dust.

Earlier today Lohan posted a blog on her myspace talking about the much-publicized teen pregnancy of Republican Vice President pick Sarah Palin.

Obviously, a pregnant 17-year-old girl who is unmarried and the daughter of a conservative candidate for the next Vice President of the United States, is headline news.

Not only does Lohan admit to watching the news, but she also hits on some important topics that we should all consider before we fall victim to a so-called scandal.

According to OK Magazine, Lohan wrote in her blog, “I am concerned with the fact that Sarah Palin brought the attention to her daughter’s pregnancy, rather than all world issues and what she believes she could possibly do to change them if elected,” she says.

In her blog, Lohan focuses on wanting to know about Palin’s political views and what she has to offer our country to make it a “less destructive place.”

Lohan even took the time to hit up CNN.com to find an article about Barack Obama’s views about Palin’s pregnancy scandal. Click here to see that article.

In movie news, “The Dark Knight” has grossed over $500 million since its release nearly 45 days ago and is the second movie in Hollywood history to do so; Titanic with Leonardo Dicaprio came in first by grossing more than $600 million.

The Dark Knight became the second movie in Hollywood history to gross $500 million or more. It now stands within $100 million of toppling Titanic as the biggest film at the domestic box office.

It’s unfortunate to have to link this film with the tragic death of Heath Ledger, but let’s face it, this movie would not have the ratings it does without the untimely death of Ledger. Sadly, this is probably his most acclaimed work and he will be unable to accept the many awards that he is expecting to win.

Don LaFontaine passed away Sept. 1 in Los Angeles at the age of 68. The name may not sound familiar, but his voice was infamous around the world. LaFontaine is known as the “King of Voiceovers.

According to dlisted.com, LaFontaine’s voice appeared in more than 5,000 movie trailers and 350,000 commercials. You may also recognize his voice from Family Guy, where he did the voice of the “Fox Announcer” and also his most recent GEICO commercial. It is a sad loss and a voice that will never be forgotten, but surely missed.

Quote of the Week:

“Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society.”

Rush Limbaugh showing the world how conservative and narrow-minded he really is. (hollywoodflakes.com)