NKU behind bars

Photo illustration by Mark Payne

I do not support what Dr. W.A.S., the latest fanatic to visit Northern Kentucky University, has to say.

His arguments, for the most part, are random and do not make sense. If there is a message he is trying to relay it is not clearly coming through.

‘Convert or leave,’ he said to a Muslim woman during one of his rants.

It did not make sense, because just moments before, he said we needed to remove the troops from Iraq and Afghanistan because it was a small group of fanatics that had performed the 9/11 attacks – not an entire religion.’ One second he supports somebody or something, and the next second tears them down – He just rambles in a nonsensical and moronic fashion.

Although I feel Dr. W.A.S. is a blabbering idiot, I am glad he is here. Why? His presence proves the First Amendment is alive and working.

‘Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.’
This amendment allows Dr. W.A.S to say whatever he wants to say in a public place, no matter how outlandish it may be.

His right to free speech is ensured by the U.S. Constitution, and further more, by this public university. This, Dr. W.A.S., I, a fellow fighter for the First Amendment, will support.