Filed under Viewpoints

Emily Lindeau’s farewell

Words can’t even fully explain how difficult it is for me to be writing this right now. I thought this day would be further off in my future…

I never expected to have to say farewell so soon.

I haven’t had the normal college experience. I have never attended a college party, didn’t join a sorority and never exactly did anything spectacular other than spend my Tuesday nights in the office designing our newspaper.

Many would say that I barely scratched the surface of opportunities within my college years – that limiting my time to one thing has merely made me close minded and shut off from the rest of campus and somewhat of the world. But I beg to differ.

I have learned more about life through the pages of this newspaper than anyone or anything could have taught me.

The people I have worked with, the success we have shared, even the bad days that came with it all,  was well worth every second to be able to be a part of such a great thing. This place was my home, the people here were, and still are, my family. It has been the hardest decision yet in my life to change direction and sail away from such a beautiful place, but life happens and it’s almost always out of your hands.

I hope that in leaving that I don’t close doors, but leave them open for others to take on the opportunities that I had – because every second here has been worth my while.

Life has never came gently at me, it always seems to be hotter than hell or colder than ice. But here around these amazing people, it’s always been the perfect temperature, the right fit, a place that I felt I belonged. I can’t thank my staff enough for what they have done for me, not only have they worked hard and made deadlines. But they made me feel a part of something, they gave me the best of memories and I can never repay them for that.

To each and every person that has touched my life here at this school, I hope that I have given you something back. Because when I leave I have a thousand stories, a million smiles to remember and many more people, I will forever be thankful for meeting. I can honestly say that this place has changed my life.

Eleanor Roosevelt said, “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” That is what I have to do and what this place has prepared me to do. Thank you NKU.

• Emily Lindeau’s farewell

Student Voices

WATCH: Learn How To Get Through Midterms

• Emily Lindeau’s farewell

Opinions

Opinion: Don’t get mad, get to the polls

• Emily Lindeau’s farewell

Opinions

Opinion: studying abroad will turn your life upside down

• Emily Lindeau’s farewell

Opinions

COLUMN: I’ll never forget where I was on 9/11

• Emily Lindeau’s farewell

Editorial

EDITORIAL: When ‘roomie’ doesn’t equal ‘bestie’

• Emily Lindeau’s farewell

Editorial

EDITORIAL: Why did I do school?

• Emily Lindeau’s farewell

Viewpoints

A farewell from the Editor-in-Chief Mackenzie Manley

• Emily Lindeau’s farewell

Viewpoints

A farewell from managing editor and sports editor Christopher Decker

• Emily Lindeau’s farewell

Editorial

Farewell: Notes from the senior editors

• Emily Lindeau’s farewell

Farewell: Senior Arts & Life Editor Jude Noel

Emily Lindeau’s farewell