Marques Warrick entering NBA draft and transfer portal

Emory Davis
NKU guard Marques Warrick (3) follows through after a shot against Robert Morris.

NKU men’s basketball senior Marques Warrick will be declaring for the 2024 NBA draft as well as entering the NCAA transfer portal, Warrick announced via Instagram on Sunday night.

Warrick plans to maintain his college basketball eligibility in the midst of declaring for the draft. 

The 6-2 guard became NKU men’s basketball’s all-time leading scorer in the 2023-24 season, averaging 19.9 points on the season. Warrick broke the record on Feb. 10, when the Norse overcame Detroit Mercy.

The team eventually lost in the Horizon League semi-finals to Milwaukee, where Warrick was contained to only four points. Warrick ended his career at NKU with 2,246 points.

The Lexington native earned the Horizon League’s sportsmanship award, in addition to being named a first-team selection.

Marques Warrick’s official statement was shared via Instagram on March 24.

Warrick has spent four seasons at NKU, becoming a stand-out senior guard as other NKU players entered the transfer portal.

The guard left a message of gratitude on Instagram, thanking God, his family, friends, coaches and teammates. “To my teammates: thank you for all of the memories, and lifelong friendships that were made,” Warrick wrote.

The NBA draft will take place in June, with the first round happening on June 26 in New York.