Truist Arena to host the UK Wildcats

Basketball season kicks off as the Bluegrass State comes together to help a bigger purpose.
Sam Rosenstiel & Colin Johnson
The University of Kentucky Men’s Basketball team hosts its annual blue and white scrimmage Oct. 21 at Truist Arena.

The University of Kentucky Men’s Basketball team hosts its annual blue and white practice game at the beginning of each season. The one held Oct. 21 this year will see a familiar scenery—NKU’s Truist Arena.

The arena is on track to filling up with both Norse and Wildcat fans as the lower bowl has been sold out. The revenue for ticket sales from UK’s scrimmage hosted by NKU will help give back to their home state by raising money to the Eastern Kentucky flood relief fund and Western Kentucky’s Tornado relief fund. 

Kentucky basketball programs hold a highly respectable reputation in the basketball community, with the Wildcats being ranked No. 16 in the preseason and the Norse being ranked No. 1 in the Horizon league preseason poll.

The doors of Truist will open at 4:30 p.m. EST on Saturday, Oct. 21st with tip off starting at 6 p.m. EST. This scrimmage will be broadcasted on the SEC Network for those not able to make it out to Truist Arena.