Sports Shorts

Tennis

Both the men and women’s tennis teams took on USC Upstate on April 5, losing 2-5 and 0-7, respectively. The teams also took on East Tennessee University on April 6, losing both, 0-7. The men’s team is ranked last in the Atlantic Sun Conference with 0-7 conference record and 2-15 overall.

Softball

On April 6 and 7, NKU’s softball team faced Jacksonville three times and lost all games, 2-4, 4-6 and 0-6, respectively. Northern Kentucky took on Marshall in a doubleheader on April 10 and lost both games, 1-4 and 1-6. The next game will be April 13 against East Tennessee State at 12:00 p.m. at home. The team is ranked ninth in the A-Sun conference with a conference record of 1-14 and an overall record of 7-30.

Baseball

NKU’s baseball team took on East Tennessee State at home on April 5, 6 and 7 and lost 2-5, 9-12 and 4-13, respectively. On April 9, the team beat Morehead State with a score of 8-2. The team hosted Indianapolis on April 10 and won 5-4. Northern Kentucky’s next game will be on April 12 against North Florida. The team is currently last in the conference with a record of 1-8 and 6-27 overall.

Golf

The women’s golf team played in the Colonel Classic Invitational on April 5 and 6, finishing 14th out of 14 teams. The men’s golf team participated in the Grub Mart Intercollegiate Invitational on April 8 and 9 and placed ninth out of 10 teams. The women’s team will travel to the Atlantic Sun Conference Championship on April 14-16.