Sports shorts

Men’s Basketball

The men now have a perfect 7-0 record. On Dec. 1, NKU defeated Saint Joseph’s College 82-70. Junior guard/forward Eshaunte Jones came off the bench to score 20 points, including five 3-pointers. On Dec. 3, the Norse defeated Indianapolis, 80-63. The Norse were led by senior guard Tony Rack with 19 points. Jones led the team in scoring again this time with 25 points, including seven 3-pointers, against Ohio Midwestern in a 96-52 victory on Dec. 6.

Women’s Basketball

The women had mixed results in their first Great Lake Valley Conference games of the season. The Norse defeated Saint Joseph’s 106-101 in triple overtime on Dec. 1. Senior guard Casse Mogan set a school record for points in a game by scoring 37 points. They dropped their next game on Dec. 3 against Indianapolis 55-44. Junior guard Jaimie Hamlet came off the bench to lead the team with 14 points. The team is now 4-2 on the season.

Norse Force

Norse Force will announce the winner of the “Throw Your Norse Up” competition at the women’s basketball game against Georgetown College on Dec. 7. Students can wear ugly holiday sweaters to the game for a chance to win prizes. On Dec. 8, there will be a pep rally at the Bank of Kentucky Center from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.