Cornhole event coming to Levee

The American Cornhole Organization, locally based out of Milford, Ohio, is hosting a tournament on Jan. 21, 2012. Northern Kentucky University students are strongly encouraged to participate in the event.

The tournament, known as “Cornhole on the Levee Winter Classic,” will be located at Newport on the Levee from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. and will be an indoor event. It is the first time the organization has partnered up with Newport on the Levee. This event is one of the many held by the organization.

“We’ve taken backyard cornhole and tailgating cornhole to the next level,” said Kortney Borowitz, sales and event coordinator for the organization. “What I like to tell people is that the American Cornhole Organization is similar to the NBA or the NFL.”

“Cornhole on the Levee Winter Classic” will consist of eight total tournaments throughout the day. Teams are able to participate in one tournament at the cost of $15 per game or two for $20.

Teams that would like to play more than one game have the option of playing from 1 to 3 p.m., 2 to 4 p.m., 5 to 7 p.m. or 6 to 8 p.m.
All of the tournaments are single elimination and teams are allowed to enter as many as they desire.

Borowitz said that it would be wonderful for NKU students to attend these events on a regular basis.

“If [students] have their own outlets, such as student organizations, the band, fraternities or whatever it may be, it’d be great for them to get their friends together and come on out,” Borowitz said.

Students can follow the American Cornhole Organization on Facebook and Twitter, and get more information by going to the website http://www.AmericanCornhole.com. The American Cornhole Organization will also send out fliers to the public.