And this one is in the books!

Tim Downer/Photographer

The Northern Kentucky University Woman’s Soccer Team’s forward Ashley Warndorf is now the newest member of NKU’s top 10 all-time career goal leaders.’ Warndorf scored the 22nd goal of her career in the Norse’s 2-0 victory over the University of Findlay Sept. 6.
Warndorf has scored five goals in three games so far this season.’ She scored four goals in an 8-2 win against Concord Aug. 30, and it wasn’t the first time she had accomplished the feat of scoring four goals in a game.’

Warndorf has scored nine career goals against the Lions.

Warndorf, a graduate of Oak Hills High School in Cincinnati, began her collegiate career at NKU by scoring four goals Sept. 2, 2005 against Concord in just her second game wearing the black and gold.’

However, in the following game against Kentucky Wesleyan, Warndorf suffered a season-ending injury and was granted a medical redshirt that would allow her to gain an extra year of eligibility.

‘It was pretty exciting because I never expected to do it twice,’ Warndorf said.’ ‘To be able to do that again in my fifth year as a senior is pretty awesome.’

Playing in all 18 games in 2006, Warndorf netted five goals with one game-winning goal for NKU.’

She led all Great Lakes Valley Conference players in assists with eight on the year, according to NKU’s Sports Information Web site.’ Warndorf also led the team in shot percentage at .238.’ The Norse finished the season with a solid 13-4-1 record.
Warndorf played in all 18 games for NKU in 2007, proving to be an experienced and veteran player for the squad.’ She tallied four goals for the Norse and collected two assists to contribute to a team that went 12-6-0 overall.’ During the season, she punched through one game-winning goal for NKU.

Starting 16 of the Norse’s 18 games in 2008, Warndorf scored four goals and three assists to complete the season.’ She scored two goals in the 10-0 thumping that NKU handed St. Joseph’s College Oct. 5.’ The Norse finished the season 16-4 overall and held an 8-0 home record.

The 2009 season marks Warndorf’s fifth and final year with the Norse.’ NKU has played three regular season games, posting a 2-1 record.’

Currently, the Norse are ranked 14th in the NCAA Division II national poll and they hope to move up as the season progresses.’ According to Warndorf, they want to be’ a physical team, and they have the NCAA tournament in their sights.

‘We have a lot of goals, and I’d say the main one is to be a physical team,’ Warndorf said.’ ‘We want to be at the top of the GLVC, and we want to advance further into the NCAA tournament.’