Women

The Northern Kentucky Women’s Golf team finished fourth overall in the Great Lakes Valley Conference Championships April 25-26, at the Kokopelli Golf Course in Marion, Ill.

The Norse had three players reach the top 20 individually and all of the participants for NKU finished in the top 30 for the tournament.

Junior Lyndsey Bevill led the Norse at 21-over par, scoring a 165 in the event.’ Bevill placed eighth in the individual scoring, shooting an 83 in the first round of the Championship and an 82 in the second to provide a foundation for the team to build upon.

Senior Alicia Stauffacher tied Southern Indiana’s Angela Dehning for 18th place.’ She shot a 90 on the first day of the contest and improved with an 81 on the next day, finishing with a 171 on her scorecard.’ Senior Sofie Rassmusen also finished in the top 20 for NKU, tying Darin Pinnick of eventual tournament winner, Indianapolis and Allison Andrews of Rockhurst University.’ Rassmusen was credited with an 87 on opening day of play and an 81 on day two, totaling a 168 to wrap up her efforts.

NKU ended the tournament with a 676 team score, which landed them in fourth place out of the 11 teams that participated in the weekend tournament.’ The Norse finished 33 strokes behind the University of Indianapolis, who recorded a 643 on the team’s scorecard to take the cup.

The momentum could give the Norse confidence heading into their next match.’ NKU will travel to Belle Vernon, Pa. for the NCAA East Regional May 2-5.’ The course in which the tournament will be played has not been determined at this time.’ ‘

The NKU Men’s Golf team did not compete this weekend.’ They will travel to Allendale, Mich. for the NCAA Central Super Regional on May 5-6 at The Meadows Golf Course.
After the Regional, the team will travel to Blaine, Wash. for the NCAA Championship May 19-22 at Loomis Trail Golf Club.