NKU College of Health and Human Services announces new dean

Provided
Dr. Gannon Tagher was announced as new permanent dean of NKU’s College of Health and Human Services.

Starting at Northern Kentucky University almost 20 years ago as a nursing faculty member, Dr. Gannon Tagher now takes on the role of dean of the College of Health and Human Services (CHHS). This comes as Dr. Dale Stephenson retired from the role in 2022. 

After Stephenson’s retirement, Tagher took the position of interim dean of the college and will become the permanent dean starting July 1, 2024. 

During her time at NKU, Tagher has served in several positions including the Department of Nursing chair and the assistant vice provost for Advising and First-Year Experience.  The university said she played a vital role in creating the First-Year Student Success Hub in 2022. The “hub,” as it’s often referred to, is a resource on campus that connects first-year students with advisors whose goal is to make the transition to college easier.

Prior to NKU, Tagher worked as a pediatric oncology nurse as well as a pediatric nurse practitioner in developmental disabilities at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, according to a university press release.  

As she moves into the role of dean of CHHS, Tagher said she looks forward to continuing to ensure NKU students’ success as well as educating future health professionals. 

“I look forward to working with the faculty and staff within the college, as well as our campus partners, to further all of the great work that is already being done to ensure our students’ success and educate health professionals of the future,” Tagher said.