NKU Board of Regents swears in business professor as faculty regent

Dr. Sandra Spataro, professor of management in the Masters of Business Administration program, is the newest faculty regent on NKU’s Board of Regents.
Provided | LinkedIn

NKU’s Board of Regents welcomed a new faculty regent to its roster at Wednesday’s meeting.

Dr. Sandra Spataro, management professor in the Haile College of Business, was appointed faculty regent, following the departure of previous regent Dr. Michael Baranowski at the end of the year.

Spataro has been at NKU since 2011, starting as an associate professor of management and rising to a full-time professor role in 2019. She serves as the director of NKU’s Master of Business Administration and Master of Business Leadership and Innovation programs. A California native, Spataro earned her bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Stanford University, then went on to get her doctorate from the University of California, Berkeley. 

Along with being a professor, the new regent is also an author, co-authoring two books, which she deemed career highlights in her Haile College of Business faculty spotlight

Spataro thanked the board and campus community for her warm welcome, and Board of Regents Chair Rich Boehne commented that she follows a long line of excelling faculty regents.

The board maintains one representative from NKU’s faculty, staff and student body. These individuals are voted on by the campus community; faculty and staff nominate and vote for their respective representatives, and the student body votes for the Student Government Association president, who also serves as student regent. The board consists of eight other regents who are appointed by the governor.

Spataro will serve in the role until June 30, 2024, fulfilling the previous three-year term of Baranowski. A nomination and vote for the next three-year faculty regent will take place around March and April, and their term will begin on July 1.