NKU to honor over 1,900 graduates at Saturday’s commencement

NKU will honor over 1,900 graduates in two commencement ceremonies this Saturday, Dec. 16 in Truist Arena. 

The first ceremony will begin at 10 a.m. and will recognize graduates from the College of Education, College of Arts and Sciences and College of Informatics. The second ceremony will begin at 3 p.m. and will recognize graduates from the Haile College of Business and the College of Health and Human Services.

This semester’s commencement will be the first one for Dr. Cady Short-Thompson in the president role, who became NKU’s seventh president in October.

The commencement will be addressed by Dr. Bethany Noblitt, professor of mathematics and statistics and the winner of the 2023 Frank Sinton Milburn Outstanding Professor Award. The student speakers of the commencement are Chrisula Stone, who is graduating from the College of Arts and Science, and Jordan Schowalter, who is graduating from the College of Health and Human Services. Stone will be speaking at the 10 a.m. ceremony, and Schowalter will be speaking at the 3 p.m. ceremony. 

Tickets for the commencement are not required, and guest seating will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. For more information about the commencement, click here.