Governor’s debate coming to NKU

Kentucky’s candidates for the governor’s race will battle it out on NKU’s campus next week
Democratic+Governor+Andy+Beshear+%28left%29+and+Republican+Attorney+General+Daniel+Cameron+%28right%29+will+participate+in+a+gubernatorial+debate+on+NKUs+campus+Monday+night.+
AP News
Democratic Governor Andy Beshear (left) and Republican Attorney General Daniel Cameron (right) will participate in a gubernatorial debate on NKU’s campus Monday night.

Current Governor Andy Beshear and Attorney General Daniel Cameron, the two candidates for Kentucky governor, will participate in a gubernatorial debate in Griffin Hall’s digitorium next Monday, Oct. 16 from 7-8 p.m. 

The one-hour debate will not be open to the public. Instead, viewers can tune in via livestream from media partners such as LINK nky, WCPO 9 and more. WCPO 9 anchor Evan Millward will serve as the moderator.

Griffin Hall will be closed beginning at 4 p.m. on Monday and will reopen Tuesday morning, according to a notice from Director of University Communications Tom Ramstetter.

Gov. Beshear is running as incumbent for the Democratic party, who was elected as governor in 2019. Beshear formerly served as attorney general for Kentucky. 

Cameron represents the Republican party and has been Kentucky’s attorney general since 2019, when he filled Beshear’s seat. 

The two candidates have opposed each other on controversial topics like abortion, crime and the response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Monday’s debate will be Northern Kentucky’s only official gubernatorial debate.

Election day will take place on Nov. 7.