Around the University

Feast for Finals

On Thursday, May 2, University Housing will hold the annual Feast for Finals at Norse Commons from 9-11 p.m. Students are invited to take a break from the stress of finals and enjoy a breakfast meal for dinner. Activities Programming Board will be in attendance with prizes. It’s the last big event for the spring semester.

Groups join forces for last concert of the year

On Thursday, April 25, Northern Chorale, NKU Women’s Ensemble, Northern Chamber Choir and NKU Philharmonic Orchestra are joining forces to perform the Requiem Mass by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and other choral masterpieces for the annual end of the academic year choral concert. The conductors for the event will be Katie Barton, Randy Pennington and Frank Restesan. The event will take place at 8 p.m. in Greaves Concert Hall. Admission is $5 for the general public or $3 for students with an NKU ID.

NKU to hold ‘Social Media Summit’

A panel discussion with representatives from the Cincinnati Reds, Cincinnati Zoo, Self Diploma, P&G and more will make up the NKU Social Media Summit on May 1, from 5-7 p.m. The event will be held in the Ferris Auditorium and is open to the public. Speakers at the event were selected by teams of students from a social media marketing course, who were also responsible for contacting and requesting their attendance at the summit. The theme of the event will be “Social Media Conversations that Engage: Local Experts Share their Tactics.” The event will be moderated by Krista Neher, a social media expert, author, presenter and consultant for Fortune 500 companies.