MBA program in top ranks again

MBA program in top ranks again

Samantha Hayden

Samantha Hayden

Samantha Hayden

Kaity Galanos, contributing writer

Northern Kentucky University Haile/US Bank College of Business is once again among the top 296 business schools in the nation, according to The Princeton Review’s “The Best 296 Business Schools: 2013 Edition.” The Haile/US Bank College of Business was ranked number 284 .

Approximately 19,000 students who are enrolled in the top AACSB-accredited MBA programs were surveyed for The Princeton Review. These students voiced their opinions about their schools’ academics, student body, campus life and career plans.

The Princeton Review’s criteria encompasses several different areas. Class size, access to professors/instructors, retention and the student-to-teacher ratio are all involved in the selection process, said Ned Jackson, director of the Master of Business Administration program here at NKU.

One feature that allows NKU to stand out among other schools is that NKU doesn’t utilize teaching assistants. Providing students with professors that are available and accessible is highly beneficial and aids in the success for students, Jackson said.

“Receiving this type of recognition shows that we are one of the best programs in the country,” he said. “The MBA program at NKU is committed to continue to get better as more for-profit institutions, like Strayer University, are enlarging the competition pool.”

Coray Bernecker, management major, is not surprised by The Princeton Review.
“Everything the college of business has to offer is an opportunity to learn more,” Bernecker said. “All we have to do as students is apply ourselves and we will succeed with the help of our motivators and professors.”

In August of this year, the Haile/US Bank College of Business implemented a completely redesigned MBA program that requires full-time employment and has much higher acceptance standards than the traditional program.

In order to stay ahead of the curve, a redesign was necessary, Jackson said.

“The new program is designed to push the students to complete the program in two years, while acquiring the necessary integrated disciplines to be successful in the business community,” Jackson said. “We have received very positive feedback thus far from students who are enrolled in the new program.”

The 2013 edition of The Princeton Review solely critiqued NKU’s traditional MBA program, as the newly designed program was just implemented in the 2012-2013 academic year.
“This recognition is for our traditional program,” Jackson said. “All of the students enrolled in it and the faculty members that are committed to excellence deserve all the credit for The Princeton Review.”
The Princeton Review will analyze NKU’s traditional and redesigned program simultaneously next year.

“We’re very excited to see the results and review students’ opinions,” Jackson said. “This program is always ready for new things to better prepare our students.”

• MBA program in top ranks again

Featured Story

DISCONNECTED: How one NKU student gave up social media and found herself

• MBA program in top ranks again

Featured Story

Callahan Bistro making changes following food complaints

• MBA program in top ranks again

Featured Story

Society of Pro Journalists honors Northerner for 2018 report on sexual harassment

• MBA program in top ranks again

Featured Story

‘We are people too’: NKU nationally ranked as Military Friendly school

• MBA program in top ranks again

Featured Story

What you missed at SGA April 8

• MBA program in top ranks again

Featured Story

Free speech: Kentucky bill aims to broaden protest laws

• MBA program in top ranks again

Featured Story

NKU to review women’s basketball after players accuse coach of emotional abuse

• MBA program in top ranks again

Featured Story

What you missed at SGA April 1

• MBA program in top ranks again

Featured Story

E. coli outbreak linked to fast food in Kentucky

• MBA program in top ranks again

Featured Story

Five questions with the sixth president

MBA program in top ranks again