Across the University 4/18/2012

Grad steps into local director position

Northern Kentucky University graduate Jamie Grady was recently promoted to Executive Director of Finance and Operations for Interbrand, a leading brand consulting agency. His promotion to Executive Director of Finance and Operations became effective February 1, 2012. Grady graduated summa cum laude with a degree in finance from NKU. He also holds an Associate of Applied Sciences degree in PC support and administration from Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.

New initiative benefits veterans, families

The College of Health Professions at Northern Kentucky University joined First Lady Michelle Obama and Jill Biden’s nationwide initiative to further educate our nation’s 3 million nurses so they are prepared to meet the health needs of service members, veterans and their families. nursing organizations and schools across the country will work to educate current and future nurses on how to recognize post-traumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injury, depression and other combat-related issues in ways appropriate to each nurse’s practice setting.

Program added to Advanced Nursing Studies

The Department of Advanced Nursing Studies at Northern Kentucky University added Family Psychiatric & Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) concentration to its advanced practice curriculum. The program targets certified adult and family nurse practitioners and will focus on mental health promotion and mental health diagnosis and treatment across the lifespan.

New staff regent announced

Manager to the Dean of Students and Student Development Steve Meier was elected as the next Northern Kentucky University staff regent. Meier will serve as the staff representative on the Board of Regents from 2012-15.

Lemonade sells for a good cause

Nonprofit organization Alex’s Lemonade Stand set up camp at Northern Kentucky University April 17. The stand sold lemonade and accepted donations that go to research on fighting childhood cancer. The organization hoped to raise $150 to give back; by the end of the day, the total was at $140. To donate, visit http://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/81522.