Police Beats 2/22/2012

Feb. 14

12:05 p.m. There was a report received that a car was smoking in Kenton Garage. Upon arrival there was no evidence of any issue. The fire department arrived and cleared the scene.

Feb. 15
1:50 a.m. A female was witnessed driving erratically — at a high speed and swerving near Lot F. She was arrested for driving under the influence.

2:56 p.m. A car accident was reported in the Welcome Center Garage. No injuries were reported.

3:52 p.m. An unknown person took a wallet and laptop from an unlocked locker in the men’s locker room of the Albright Health Center.

6:16 p.m. A male was taken to the hospital by ambulance from the Albright Health Center.

8:04 p.m. An unknown person took a cell phone from a locker in the men’s locker room of the Albright Health Center.

Feb. 16

8:22 a.m. An unknown person took a keyring and keys from a lockbox in Central Receiving.

3:21 p.m. A subject in Norse Hall reported an unknown person knocked on their dorm door and when they returned later their door was open.

10:07 p.m. A subject was arrested in the Bank of Kentucky Center for disorderly conduct after causing a disturbance.

10:58 p.m. An NKU employee found a wallet in Griffin Hall.

Feb. 17

1:10 p.m. An “insensitive remark” was found on a dry erase board in Landrum.

1:51 p.m. An unknown person took a cell phone from a desk in a classroom in the Science Center.

1:53 p.m. An unknown vehicle hit a parked car in Lot L and left the scene without reporting it.

5:57 p.m. An unknown person took a cell phone from an unsecured locker in the men’s locker room in the Albright Health Center.

6:15 p.m. A report was received that a wallet was taken from an unsecured locker in the men’s locker room of the Albright Health Center. The wallet was found later with nothing taken.

11:13 p.m. An intoxicated male damaged NKU property near Commonwealth Hall and was arrested.

11:50 p.m. An intoxicated female was found to be unable to care for herself and was arrested near Kenton Drive.

Feb. 18

10:55 p.m. A female reported that while she was at a conference in St. Louis Missouri, a male that she knew grabbed her by the arm and caused bruises.

Feb. 19

2:19 a.m. A male was found to be driving while intoxicated and was arrested near University Drive. The vehicle was towed.

9:54 p.m. A report was received that there was a strong smell of marijuana. A male was found to be trafficking it on campus and was arrested near Woodcrest Apartments.

Feb. 20

12:07 a.m. Officers responded to a complaint of possible drug activity near Norse Hall. The male was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of alcohol by a minor.

12:04 p.m. A report was received that a male was acting inappropriately in Steely Library. An officer met with the subject.

12:42 p.m. A smoke alarm was activated by a burnt sandwich in the Science Center cafe. The fire department responded and cleared the scene.

Police Beats 2/22/2012