NKU Police Beats 1/6 – 1/15/12

Jan. 6

11:29 p.m. A hot water heater overheated on a service elevator in the Student Union, causing the elevator to smoke. The fire department arrived and cleared the area.

Jan. 7
12:45 a.m. A male was arrested for driving recklessly while under the influence of alcohol near Hampton Farms Apartments.

4:17 a.m. A male was arrested off-campus after driving under the influence of alcohol.

Jan. 9
12:22 p.m. A female was transported to the hospital from Griffin Hall.

Jan. 10
11:26 a.m. A complaint was received that a student was showing “alarming behavior” in the Fine Arts building.

11:53 a.m. An unknown individual reportedly took a parking permit from an unlocked vehicle in Lot F.

2:21 p.m. A two-vehicle accident occurred in Kenton Garage. No injuries were reported.

9:52 p.m. The north exit gate of the Kenton Garage was reportedly damaged.

11:55 p.m. A subject in Callahan Hall reported that her roommate was violating the housing policy and was worried.

Jan. 12
9:14 a.m. There was a two-vehicle accident on Johns Hill Road. No injuries were reported.

Jan. 13
12:28 a.m. A male was arrested after driving 15 mph over the speed limit and driving under the influence of alcohol on Johns Hill Road. He was carrying a fake ID.

Jan. 14
2:44 p.m. There was a two-vehicle accident by Callahan Hall. No injuries were reported.

Jan. 15
2:19 p.m. A female reported that someone had punctured her tire. The investigation is still open.

4:37 p.m. A smoke alarm was activated in Callahan Hall due to burning food on a stove top. The fire department arrived and cleared the scene.

8:17 p.m. An employee at the power plant on campus reported that they had loaned keys and they were not returned by the contractor who borrowed them.

NKU Police Beats 1/6 – 1/15/12