Across the University

Student Union e-store selling pies for the holiday season
The Outtakes convenient store in Northern Kentucky University’s Student Union is selling holiday pies in-store and on the NKU Dining website, http://dineoncampus.com/nku. Students can choose from pumpkin, apple, peanut butter or pecan pie. When ordering, students can also choose to donate a pie to the Freestore Foodbank and save $1 on the entire pie purchase.

Part-time job opportunities for students at bookstore
The Northern Kentucky University on-campus bookstore is currently accepting applications for temporary and part-time positions during the winter and spring semesters. Students can stop by the bookstore cash registers and pick up an application. Applicants must include their fall and spring class schedules along with their exam schedules to be considered for a position. For more information about the job, contact Ethan Hattendorf at hattendore1@nku.edu.

NKU can submit ideas for first-year book selection
The Office of First-Year Programs is asking students and staff to submit their ideas for the Book Connection program. The Book Connection program is a “common reading experience that connects first-year students and the NKU community,” according to the office. Previous books include “Kabuki: The Alchemy,” “Thirteen Women Strong,” “This I Believe,” “Nickel and Dimed” and “Lost Mountain.” To submit ideas and recommendations, visit http://surveymonkey.com/s/9XRSKSW.

Volunteers requested to help give gifts during the holidays
The Learning Experience and Parenting organization at Northern Kentucky University is looking for sponsors who can provide holiday assistance to low-income, student-parent families. Sponsors, which can be individuals, departments or groups affiliated with NKU, can choose to sponsor an entire family, an individual, or provide a gift card for a local store. Sponsors who are assigned a family or individual will be given wish lists that include age, sizes, toy gift ideas for the child(ren) and parent gift ideas.

Fresh Factor creates university-inspired, healthy wrap
As part of the Black and Gold movement, Fresh Factor in the Student Union created the “Norse Force Wrap” as another lunch or dinner option for students. Fresh Factor describes the wrap as “black and gold and green with a kick!” The “Norse Force Wrap” is a wheat wrap filled with grilled chicken, black beans, gold corn, fresh spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and light ranch dressing. Students are also encouraged to submit their own ideas for Black and Gold and Green dining options at http://dineoncampus.com/nku/show.cfm?cmd=recipes.

Free T-shirt for the most frequent rec center visitors
The Campus Recreation Center is giving away a free T-shirt to students who visit the center 100 times between Nov. 1 and May 11. The promotion, “Rock Hard 100,” is an effort to get more students, faculty and staff into the NKU rec center before the end of the academic year.