Around the University

NKU named healthy employer

Northern Kentucky University has been awarded the title of 2011 healthiest employer of Greater Cincinnati after competing in The Business Courier’s “2011 Healthiest Employers of Greater Cincinnati” competition.

The award recognizes organizations that are committed to creating a healthy workplace for its employers. Competitors are judged through an online assessment tool that measures culture and leadership commitment, foundational components, strategic planning, communication and marketing, programming and interventions, and reporting and analysis.

NKU competed against other organizations with 1,500-4,999 employees in the Greater Cincinnati area that voluntarily took the assessment located on the Healthiest Employers website.

Davenport leaving NKU

Northern Kentucky President James Votruba announced that Vice President of Student Affairs Zebulun Davenport is leaving the university to take on a new position at Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) after June 2011.

“Zeb was instrumental in the opening of the Student Union, the Bank of Kentucky Center, Callahan Hall and the soccer stadium.” Votruba said. “Our intercollegiate athletics program has continued to evolve into a nationally-recognized program known for success, both on the playing field and in the classroom.”

According to an email sent by Votruba, the university will be conducting a national search to fill the Vice President of Student Affairs position.