Women

The Northern Kentucky University Women’s Golf team took third place in the Lewis Aviator Classic on April 19-20 at Prairie Bluff Golf Course in Romeoville, Ill.

Senior Alicia Stauffacher (75-76-151) finished in first place individually to help the Norse complete a solid weekend of play.’ Stauffacher earned the medal as her scorecard totaled seven-over-par and led first place by three strokes.’ The win allowed Stauffacher to claim her first tournament victory of her four-year career at NKU.

The Norse capitalized by having three other players slip into the top 20.’ Sofie Rasmussen (85-81-166) nailed down the 15th spot, while junior Hannah Lindauer (82-25-167) and sophomore Charity Evans (84-83-167) tied for the 17th position in the individual rankings, according Mike Anderson of the NKU Sports Information Website.

Junior Lyndsey Bevill (84-84-168) barley missed reaching the top 20, finishing 22nd in the standings to contribute to a strong performance from the Norse.

The NKU Women’s Golf team will head to Marion, Ill. for the Great Lakes Valley Championships on April 25-26 at Kokopelli Golf Course.

The team’s male counterparts placed 12th in the Midwest Regional Invitation at the Purgatory Golf Course on April 19-20 in Noblesville, Ind.

Senior Eric Fuldner placed 12th individually as he shot a 74 in the first round and a 77 in the second to lead the Norse with a 151 on the scorecard.’ Freshman Jeremy Martin (78-76-154) finished in 26th and sophomore teammate Danny Lewis (77-82-159) earned the 52nd spot.’ ‘ Senior Clint Kohls finished with (78-83-161) for the two rounds.’

Sophomore Cody Moore tallied (81-83-164) to rap up the scoring for NKU.’ The Norse completed the tournament with a score totaling 625, 27 strokes behind Farris State, who went on to win the event.

NKU finished three strokes away from breaking into the top ten.’ The Regional Invitational featured 19 teams in the competition.

Next, the team will travel to Allendale, Mich. to compete in the NCAA Central Super Regional at The Meadows Golf Course May 5-6.