Three students report hazing

Four current and two former Northern Kentucky University students have been accused of hazing three current NKU students. Hazing is a fourth degree assault charge.

The four current students accused are Whitney Gallaher, Latora Jackson, Christina Holmes and Tiffany Burton. The two former students accused are Marquita Willis and Cecelia Thompson.

The alleged assaults took place between March 1 and March 8 in a private, off-campus residence in Highland Heights. Apparently, the assaults were part of the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority initiation rituals. Northern Kentucky University placed the sorority on suspension during the investigation.

On’ March 8,’ the three students received medical treatment for injuries ranging from blisters to small fractures. The next day a mother of one of the alleged victims contacted authorities about the incident.

According to an official statement from Northern Kentucky University, NKU has a zero tolerance policy for hazing and any NKU student or student organization involved in this type of behavior will face university disciplinary sanctions.

‘In addition to the criminal process the students involved will also be subject to university discipline according to the Dean of Student’s office and that could range anywhere from probation or suspension or expulsion’, said Director of Communications Chris Cole.

The investigation is still ongoing and is a collaboration between the Dean of Students, the NKU Police Department and the Highland Heights Police department.

The Northerner will update this story as more information becomes available.