Across the University

College of Education and Human services: The College of Education and Human Services launched its first doctoral program: Educational Leadership. The first cohort of 11 students began classes this semester.

College of Business: Rodney R. D’Souza joined the Northern Kentucky University College of Business faculty beginning the fall 2008 semester. D’Souza comes to NKU from the University of Louisville. He is an award-winning publisher and received the 2008 Small Business Administration Best Doctoral Student Award. His areas of research include venture capital investment, venture teams and opportunity identification. He will teach entrepreneurship courses in the management department and conduct research and public service in the field of entrepreneurship.

College of Nursing and Health Professions: NKU’s nursing honor society chapter, Rho Theta of Sigma Theta Tau International will be recognized Sept. 26, at the 2008 Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society Leadership Academy Showcase of Regional Excellence in Indianapolis. Rho Theta will be receiving this honor for the work with the Northern Kentucky Research Collaborative, more specifically the Lead Abatement Measures (LAM) project and the Research Collaborative Umbrella Model.

Chase College of Law: Chase law student Adam Towe was selected Aug. 28 to serve as the student director for the Chase Center for Excellence in Advocacy. The group creates opportunities for students to participate in activities that will teach them advocacy and litigation skills they can use after graduation. If you are interested in being a member, contact Towe at towea1@nku.edu. This fall, the Center for Excellence in Advocacy is hosting or co-hosting several events, including the Kentucky Court of Appeals visits on Sept. 11 and Oct. 30

College of Informatics: Northern Kentucky University’s Department of Communication won its fourth Bronze Telly in July with 2008’s “Pathways to Tomorrow” project for the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce interactive presentation. Over a dozen College of Informatics students, faculty and staff produced the Pathways project. Founded in 1978, the Telly Awards honors outstanding local, regional and cable TV commercials and programs, as well as video and film productions.

College of Arts and Sciences: The Vocal Jazz Ensemble will appear in concert with Nick Lachey’s “Team Cincinnati” Oct. 15 at the Proctor and Gamble Hall. The Vocal Jazz Ensemble will also be performing on the last night of Cincinnati’s seventh annual “20 Days and 20 Nights of Arts and Culture.