More weird

“Try Legal Weed.” With this phrase printed on the bottle caps of his Weed, California based brewery, Vaune Dillmann landed himself a legal firestorm that just recently ended in charges being dropped. The phrase, a play on words of the town and cannabis, was accused of promoting illegal drugs by the federal Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau, according to the LA Times. Said Dolman, “They acted like Big Brother. They said I was guilty of a thought crime,” adding “But it’s over. Weed fought the law, and Weed won!”

A former Denver sheriff arrested for soliciting oral sex from a prostitute during a sting operation claims that he was only joking. Eric Griffith’s appeal to being fired was rejected by Career Service. “There was nothing that sounded light-hearted or joking in (Griffith’s) tone during the transaction,” Plotkin wrote.

A United Kingdom cathedral is opening a chain of wine bars in an effort to attract new worshippers. The wine sold will be genuine, and not communion wine. The church is also planning on having ‘loyalty cards’ which can be used for discounts at local businesses, according to newslite.tv.

An 84-year-old Nigerian Muslim preacher has been ordered by local religious elders that he must divorce 82 of his 86 wives, according to Africa.reuters.com. Although he supports his wives and all 170 of his children, he has begun to receive death threats by Muslims who believe that it is improper to have any more than 4 wives.