CBS wins another prime-time ratings week in another summer week of mostly reruns and reality

(AP)-NEW YORK Ranked first was “America’s Got Talent” with 10.83 million viewers, and another NBC show, “The Singing Bee,” took third place, drawing 9.73 million viewers. All three editions of Fox’s “So You Think You Can Dance” cracked the top 15.

(The real ratings noise in prime time last week was on cable. Disney Channel’s premiere of “High School Musical 2” rocked out with 17.2 million viewers _ more than half again the audience for even the hottest show on any broadcast network. It was the most-watched basic cable program ever.

Overall in prime time, CBS came out ahead, with an average of 6.7 million viewers (4.5 household rating, 8 share). Runner-up Fox averaged 6 million viewers (3.8 rating, 7 share), while NBC had 5.3 million viewers (3.5 rating, 6 share). ABC had 4.4 million (3.0 rating, 5 share), the CW 1.8 million (1.2 rating, 2 share), My Network TV 1 million (0.7 rating, 1 share) and ION Television 660,000 (0.5 rating, 1 share).

Among the Spanish-language networks, Univision led with 2.9 million viewers (1.5 rating, 3 share), Telemundo had 890,000 (0.5 rating, 1 share), TeleFutura 640,000 (0.4 rating, 1 share) and Azteca 160,000 (0.1 rating, 0 share).

In the evening news race, ABC’s “World News” continued its winning ways, averaging 8 million viewers (5.5 rating and 12 share). “NBC Nightly News” had 7.4 million (5.1 rating, 11 share) and “CBS Evening News” 5.8 million viewers (4.1 rating, 9 share).

A ratings point represents 1,114,000 households, or 1 percent of the nation’s estimated 111.4 million TV homes. The share is the percentage of in-use televisions tuned to a given show.

For the week of Aug. 13-19, the top 10 shows, their networks and viewerships: “America’s Got Talent,” NBC, 10.83 million; “60 Minutes,” CBS, 9.91 million; “Singing Bee,” NBC, 9.73 million; “Hell’s Kitchen,” Fox, 9.68 million; “So You Think You Can Dance” (Thur), Fox, 9.61 million; “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” CBS, 9.49 million; “Two and a Half Men,” CBS, 9.22 million; “Without a Trace” CBS, 9.10 million; “So You Think You Can Dance” (Wed), Fox, 8.68 million; “NCIS,” CBS, 8.53 million viewers.

ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co. CBS is a division of CBS Corp. Fox is a unit of News Corp. NBC is owned by General Electric Co. Telemundo is owned by General Electric. TeleFutura is a division of Univision. ION Television is owned by ION Media Networks. Azteca America is a wholly owned subsidiary of TV Azteca S.A. de C.V.