The Fix

Awwww. Rapper Lil’ Romeo wants to play basketball with the big boys, the Associated Press reports. The high school junior has committed to playing basketball in 2008 for the University of Southern California, said recently by Dave Lindsay, a spokesman for Lil’ Romeo’s online label, UrbanDigital Records. However, USC spokesman Dave Tuttle declined to confirm or deny the report, but he did say the university hasn’t received a signed letter of intent from Lil’ Ro. The rapper, whose full name is Percy Romeo Miller, is currently a guard on his Beverly Hills High School team.

The Ahnold’s all about pimping his ride. Or at least pimping Earth Day, which Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger celebrated by appearing in an episode of MTV’s “Pimp My Ride.” During the show, mechanics revamped a 1965 Chevy Impala into an 800-horsepower car that runs on renewable biodiesel fuel. “We take this cool show and they did something, and added something that was environmentally hip,” Schwarzenegger recently told a student crowd at Georgetown University.

England’s Henry VIII may have run through six wives, but actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers, who plays the lusty king in the Showtime series “The Tudors,” hasn’t gotten started on his first one yet, OK! Magazine reports. The 29-year-old Irishman denied rumors that he married girlfriend Reena Hammer, although they have dated on-and-off for three years. Whatever their status, the couple are solid, Meyers said. In fact, Meyers added that Hammer doesn’t mind his steamy love scenes on the series. “It’s a job,” he said. “They look a hell of a lot hotter than they are.”

Quote of the Week:

“I love this Sanjaya kid, silky smooth; I’d love to run my fingers through it, if that’s possible … but I may get in trouble for it.”

Will Ferrell (People Magazine)