The Fix

“Ugly Betty” star America Ferrera‘s recent Golden Globe win has made even our House of Representatives stand up and listen, Star Magazine reports. Congresswoman Hilda L. Solis (D-Calif.) gave props to the 22-year-old on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives Jan. 17 for her win, and for being a “role model for young Latinas.” In a speech, Solis said: “Through her work, Ms. Ferrera is breaking down barriers for Latinos in prime-time television. I commend America and everyone involved in ‘Ugly Betty.'” I’ll commend the show when Betty’s not so ugly.

Rapper Jay-Z got in a, shall we say, furry situation recently when The Humane Society tested his Rocawear parkas and found that the faux fur wasn’t so faux, Star Magazine reports. The society found that the “faux fur” was actually from a “raccoon dog,” a raccoon-like animal raised for fur in China that’s often skinned alive, the group claims. Sean “Diddy” Combs had the same problem with his Sean Jean brand. Both Diddy and Jay-Z have vowed to rectify the situation, claiming they didn’t know the fur was real.

The Roth is back. After two decades, the rock group Van Halen and its original singer, David Lee Roth, are reuniting, People magazine reports. The band announced recently that Roth, 51, will join the band on a summer tour comprising 40 shows. The blond squealer hasn’t performed with the band since 1984, when Sammy Hagar took the lead. “I am very excited to get back to the core of what made Van Halen,” lead guitarist Eddie Van Halen, 52, said in a statement. One change in the lineup, however, is bassist Michael Anthony will be replaced with Wolfgang Van Halen, Eddie’s 15-year-old son by ex-wife Valerie Bertinelli.

Quote of the Week:

“Who wouldn’t want to date a stripper? I mean, this is a girl who is comfortable taking her clothes off in public.” –Simon Cowell on dating “know how.” (Star Magazine)