The Fix

When you say goodbye to your trash, Sir Paul McCartney says “Hello!” The very wealthy former Beatle admitted he enjoys rooting through trash, according to British newspaper “The Sun.” Apparently, McCartney has a firm belief in the old adage that one man’s trash is another man’s treasure: “I’m the kind of guy who doesn’t like to see things in skips (Dumpsters),” McCartney said. “I go past a skip and I’ll say, ‘I could use that. That’s a nice cupboard, that’s a nice bit of wood.” Knighted or not, I wouldn’t want to smell him after a round of burrowing through London’s skips.

Actress Lindsey Lohan gives Eddie Murphy‘s not-so-hit song “Party All the Time” a whole new meaning. Not only does she party all the time, but she also does it while recovering from surgery! The 20-year-old was hosting a New Year’s Eve bash in Miami Jan. 3 when she fell to the floor and was diagnosed with appendicitis, OK! Magazine reports. “One minute Lindsey was feeling fine, the next she was doubled over in pain,” said a friend of the star. “And Lindsey doesn’t cope with pain very well, so it was quite the drama.” Three days later, instead of recuperating from her surgery, Lohan was partying (surprise) at a Hollywood club until 2:30 a.m. I guess we know who’s got her priorities straight.

Fans of the show “The O.C.” should be prepared for the worst news since Dawson lost Joey to Pacey: cancellation. That’s right; Feb. 22 Fox will air the last episode of “The O.C.,” Star Magazine reports. At its launch three years ago, 10 million viewers tuned in to the 2003-2004 run, but by the end of the second season, its luster faded as ratings dropped. Then, at the end of season three, ratings dropped from 6 million to 4 million when Marissa (Mischa Barton) was killed off in a fiery car crash. What will happen to the rest of the gang? Tune in to find out. (As for me, my money’s on decapitation.) Quote of the Week:

“(Marriage was) the biggest mistake of my life