The Fix

“The View” co-star Rosie O’Donnell may be inspiring more than just rumors these days; she may have also been the inspiration for a character in the new book, “Little Pink Slips,” Us Weekly reports. The novel is by Sally Koslow, the former editor in chief of McCall’s magazine, who lost her job when the magazine became the comedian’s monthly “Rosie” in 2001. In the book, Bebe Blake, a daytime talk-show doyenne described as having “lady-wrestler legs” and makeup that could “frighten small children,” makes life hell for her underlings when she takes over a magazine. Sound familiar? It gets better. According to Us, one chapter focuses on Blake’s affinity for bicycle shorts, once a favorite of O’Donnell’s. Regardless of overwhelming evidence, O’Donnell’s camp remains in the dark: “We can’t comment on what we haven’t seen or heard of,” her rep said.

“Meet the Barkers” may be having a reunion. The stars of MTV’s reality show split in August of last year, but former Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker and wife Shanna Moakler may be giving their tumultuous relationship another go, OK! Magazine reports. The twosome was spotted cozily making out recently at the new Los Angeles hot spot “Winston’s.” A friend of the couple told OK! “Neither of them knows whether it will work, but they wanted to put an effort into reconciling.” Barker and Moakler married in a “Nightmare Before Christmas” themed wedding in 2004, and have two children together; Landon, 3, and Alabama, 1.

If you’re in Hollywood and on fire, actor Jake Gyllenhaal‘s your boy. Over the holidays, Gyllenhaal was spending a family vacation at a California inn when a fire broke out, OK! Magazine reports. Instead of calling a cab, the “Jarhead” star lent a helping hand. “Jake was helping me pull things out of the fire,” said Daniel Delong, co-owner of Manka’s Inverness Lodge. The blaze may have begun when a tree crashed into the back of the inn during a windstorm. No one was injured.

Quote of the Week:

“Girls are a lot of work. It’s like, ‘Am I gaining weight?’ I’m like, ‘You’re 5 years old!’ It’s crazy.”

Sylvester Stallone on having three daughters. (Us Weekly)