The Fix

Borat’s finally facing the music. Comedian Sacha Baron Cohen says the people who are offended by his film are missing the point, Star Magazine reports. “The joke is not on Kazakhstan,” he told Rolling Stone, finally speaking as himself, not Borat. “The joke is on the people who can believe that there’s a country where homosexuals wear blue hats and the women live in cages.” Cohen, 35, hopes audiences understand that his movie is spoofing racists, not encouraging them. That’s the kind of mix up that happens when “sexy-time” gets together with good ‘ole American values.

Who just threw that cell phone? Was it a bird? Was it a plane? No. It’s just model Naomi Campbell having one of her infamous temper tantrums. The queen of catwalks is being sued once again, OK! Magazine reports. The 36-year-old’s former maid, Gaby Gibson, first sued her ex-employer in June on charges including battery and employment discrimination. Gibson’s new suit claims Campbell hit her in the back of her head with a cell phone and yelled discriminating remarks because she couldn’t find the British supermodel’s Stella McCartney jeans. Campbell’s lawyer, David Breitbart, denies Gibson’s claims.

Party girl Tara Reid is trying to clean up her act, as well as her image. “I bought a house at the beach, and it’s a different lifestyle,” the 31-year-old star told OK! Magazine at the Nov. 15 Lloyd Klein Store launch in Los Angeles. “My parents moved next door to me. We ride our bikes four miles every morning. I love it,” Reid said. Yep, sticking close to Mom and Dad is one sure way to avoid flashing the paparazzi, again.

Quote of the Week:

“I dream about computers that turn into evil robots and eat my face.”

Steve Carell, on his technology phobia. (Star Magazine)