The Fix

After “American Idol” winner Fantasia Barrino wrote her book, “Life is Not a Fairy Tale,” she probably didn’t expect her father to be one of her worst critics. Such is life, as Barrino knows. People magazine reports Barrino’s father filed a $10 million lawsuit against her publisher Sept. 26., but not Barrino herself. Joseph Barrino claims the book suggests he’s a deadbeat who valued his children’s music career over their education. “The family sees this as an opportunity to restore their name and good reputation,” Mr. Barrino’s attorney said. As for Fantasia’s camp, “no comment.”

We’ve all watched celebreality relationship road kill on TV, but former Brady Buncher Christopher Knight and America’s Next Top Model winner Adrianne Curry remain immune to the reality relationship bug, Us Weekly reports. The couple starred in the VH1 show “My Fair Brady” for two seasons and wed on the last episode. “He made me breakfast the other day,” Curry said. “It wasn’t quite my taste, but I ate the whole damn thing because I thought it was so sweet.” Knight’s not complaining either: “I guess I don’t have to try real hard if she thinks that’s romantic.”

Stacy “Fergie” Ferguson’s London Bridge may not be the only thing going down. The sanctity of the English language may be on the way down as well thanks to the singer’s latest word creations. “Sometimes you can’t understand what I’m saying because I’m going for an instrumental sound. It would ruin the sound if I pronunciated correctly,” she told Rolling Stone. “Pronunciated” is Fergie Ferg’s combination of “enunciated” and “pronounced.” Fergie also coined risiculous: “When something is so, so sick, it’s risiculous. It’s sick and ridiculous. Risiculous. See, I have my own dictionary.” Watch out Webster’s. What would she call her dictionary, Fergie Ferg’s Risiculous Rhymes?

Quote of the Week:

“It’s an overrated virtue, because, let’s face it, we’re f-ing animals.” – Sienna Miller, on monogamy, to Rolling Stone.