The Fix

Actress Gwyneth Paltrow and hubby musician Chris Martin had a religious experience last weekend when son Moses Martin was born at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, People Magazine reports. Yes, you read that right. Moses of biblical fame was given the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai-possibly the baby’s name was inspired by the hospital’s name? Regardless, biblically influenced names seem to be a trend for the Martins, as first daughter Apple Martin’s name indicates. As Paltrow said of her daughter’s name after Apple’s birth, “It conjured such a lovely picture for me-you know, apples are so sweet and they’re wholesome and it’s biblical-and I just thought it sounded so lovely and clean.” Just don’t name him Jonah, because you know what’ll happen then.

Dan Brown, author of “The Da Vinci Code” won a lawsuit against two writers who claimed Brown stole the foundation of his novel from their earlier work of nonfiction, CNN reports. Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh charged that Brown “appropriated the architecture” of their 1982 book, “Holy Blood, Holy Grail.” Brown’s book poses the theory that Jesus married and procreated with Mary Magdalene, a theory also explored in Baigent and Leigh’s nonfiction book. Brown admitted he’d read their book-he even named one character in his book Sir Leigh Teabing (an anagram of their names) as a nod to their work. However, Brown says “Holy Blood” was just one of the many sources he used to write the novel. High Court Justice Peter Smith said, “the plaintiffs’ case has failed,” which Brown said showed the suit was “utterly without merit.” Jesus doesn’t like it when you try to cash in on someone else’s success, fellas.

The general public seems to approve of actress Jennifer Aniston’s new choice of beau, comedian Vince Vaughn, The New York Post reports. The real-life couple revisited Chicago recently to re-shoot some scenes for their upcoming film “The Break Up” after test audiences disliked their on-screen split. “The original screenplay had Jennifer and Vince’s characters breaking up at the end. So it was shot that way-but test audiences hated it. It tested really, I mean really, badly,” said their source. “The new ending has them getting back together in the end. It should really be called “The Make Up.” Couldn’t say it better myself.

Quote of the Week

“Audiences could never relate to me as anything other than Tori Spelling. But TV movies don’t have to be relatable, because you’re, like, being stalked with amnesia.”

– So noTORIous star Tori Spelling to Entertainment Weekly on her prolific career in campy made-for-TV movies.