The Fix

Yep. It’s over. Former Newlyweds Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey are soon to be Newlydivorced. An insider in the couple’s circle told Us Weekly that Jessica was the one who decided to end their PR-friendly marriage. Allegedly, the 25 year old let her husband know of the demise of their marriage via e-mail. Now that’s harsh.

Us Weekly reports that when Lachey received the e-mail, he was preparing to go to Texas to join the Simpson family for Thanksgiving. Another source told Us: “He feels like he was sucker-punched. He wasn’t even expecting it. He was devastated.”

Despite the shady way Simpson supposedly ended the marriage, the couple released a joint statement claiming that the decision to get a divorce was the “mutual decision of two people with an enormous amount of respect and admiration for each other.”

The once-poor couple didn’t sign a prenuptial agreement, so Lachey will probably be enormously respecting his share of the Simpson empire very soon. Simpson reportedly made $35 million in the last year alone. Oh, well Nick. That’s what happens when you mess with Texas.

The newest installment of the Brangelina saga is here: Actor Brad Pitt is attempting to become the adoptive father of Angelina Jolie’s children, the actor’s publicist Cindy Guagenti said in a written statement to The Associated Press. “We are confirming that Brad Pitt is in the process of becoming the adoptive father of both children,” the statement said. “No further comment is being made.” The legal petition would seek to change the names of Jolie’s children to Zahara Jolie-Pitt and Maddox Jolie-Pitt. This statement seems tame on the surface, but it’s pretty risqu