Volleyball completes sweep

In the NKU volleyball game on September 30th, the volleyball team defeated Wisconsin Parkside three games to one (30-22, 30-27, 30-27).

The Norse volleyball team was lead in the game by junior setter Andrea Lanham. Lanham had 41 assists and four service aces in the game. She also added five kills and six digs.

Liz Holmes and Kristina Eisenmenger had twelve kills both for the Norse. The team improved their record to 15-4 overall, and 4-2 in the Great Lakes Valley Conference. NKU now leads the all-time series with Wisconsin-Parkside by a 20 games to one advantage.

On October 1st, the NKU volleyball team matched up against the Flyers from Lewis University.

Lewis entered the game with an overall record of 11-4, and a GLVC conference record of 4-1. In the game, Lynn Fischesser and Kristina Eisenmenger combined for block assists on two consecutive points in the final game of the Norse victory.

Junior outside hitter Jennifer Wirtz contributed at a crucial part of the game as she had four kills in the four match of the game. She finished the game with 17 kills.

Eisenmenger helped win the game for the Norse as she tallied her 21st kill to help the Norse win the fifth and final set of the game by a score of 15-11. She also collected seven block in the game.

Andrea Lanham scored 71 assists in the game for NKU. She tallied 22 digs and five kills, also. Fischesser scored 14 digs and two aces in the game against Lewis.

Lewis University was led in the match by Sarah McKinney who had 15 kills, Aubrey Dondlinger tallied 14 kills, and outside hitter Theresa Nugent had 13 kills, three solo blocks, and six block assists in the game.

With the win, the Norse improved their record to 16-4 overall, and 5-2 in the GLVC conference. Lewis’ record dropped to 11-5 overall, 4-1 in the GLVC.

The next game for the Norse volleyball team will be this Thursday against non-conference opponent Wheeling Jesuit. This weekend, the Norse will continue GLVC play with a game against Southern Indiana on October 14th and a game against Southern Illinois-Edwardsville on October 15th.

* Information contributed by Sports Information