Women’s soccer sweep series

In women’s soccer action on Sunday September 25th, the team defeated University of Wisconsin-Parkside 4-1. Wisconsin-Parkside won the Great Lakes Valley Conference tournament the past two years.

Kristen Votapek, Alex Armstrong, Catie Walton, and Jayme Light scored the goals. Light also added an assist on the Votapek goal.

During the first half, the Norse had eight shots on goal while Wisconsin-Parkside only had one shot on goal.

Kelsey Johnson scored the lone goal for Wisconsin-Parkisde. The goal didn’t come until late in the second half at the 81:54 mark.

The Norse are currently ranked 23rd nationally in the NCAA Division II poll. They lead the series versus Parkside by a record of 8-2-2. The women’s soccer team finished the game with a 17-7 advantage in shot attempts.

On September 23rd, the women’s soccer team matched up against the Hawks from Lewis University and defeated Lewis by a score of 4-1. Goals for the Norse were scored by Kristen Votapek, Lauren Franzen, Jeanna Goettelman, and Jayme Light.

Because of her play in this past weekend games, sophmore forward Jayme Light has been named GLVC player of the week in women’s soccer.

Next up for the women’s soccer team is a non-conference road game against Findlay University. The next GLVC game is Sunday versus Bellarmine University at home.

* Information contributed by Sports Information