Uncivil Liberties

UNCIVIL LIBERTIES

Our Declaration of Independence says “We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness”.

If the word “liberty” is taken out of context, it seems to mean unrestricted freedom to pursue our own pleasure. The assumption of human liberty must be combined with belief in a Creator in order to put this sentence into proper context. Along with the acknowledgement of a Creator is a sense of accountability in regard to the liberties He has given us.

The ACLU does not want you to believe in a Creator. They have proven this numerous times. They blocked the issuance of a small sticker to be placed on evolution textbooks in Georgia. This sticker suggested that there may be more possibilities in the science of species origin than that which is offered by evolutionism. They fought the school board in Dover Pennsylvania over an effort to present “intelligent design”. The “constitutional grounds” for this is “separation of church and state”, which is a common misinterpretation of the “establishment clause” of the First Amendment.

As for the increasing amount of scientific evidence which favors creationism and disfavors evolutionism, most educators will never accept any of it. They are obsessed with the notion that they must always disagree with “ignorant fundamentalist Christians” in order to retain their status as “intellectuals”. The ACLU will always get all the help they want from the NEA.

Another assumption that goes along with belief in a Creator is sanctity of life. The only thing sacred to the ACLU is the right to do as you please, especially when it comes to “inconvenient fetuses”, even the ones which are full term and partially removed from the womb before they are murdered.

Fifty two of the fifty five signers of the Declaration were members of fundamentalist Christian churches. Many of the engravings on the old buildings and monuments in D.C. are a visible testimony of the faith of the Founders. The Capitol building was used for Sunday Christian Services. There was a time when a consistent and healthy interaction between church and state shaped the character of this nation. Now it is a common occurrence for Christian scriptures and symbolism to be removed from Government property by court order. The ACLU is a primary cause of this foolishness.

The ACLU thinks that it is ludicrous to assume that God created men and women for a reason and a purpose. To them, gay rights are more sacred than anything the Bible says about the sin of homosexuality.

The State of Washington’s Supreme Court was recently coerced into ruling against a parents right to listen to their children’s phone conversations. This ruling was made without any approval from the voting public or their elected legislators. The ACLU has no respect for either of these parties.

There is a sentence in the Declaration of Independence which the ACLU probably appreciates. “But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new Guards for their future security”. The ACLU sees government officials who promote conservative values as despots. They perceive the measures that have been taken to fight the war on terror (the Patriot Act, additional airport security procedures, etc.) as despotism. These people are arrogant enough and presumptuous enough to think that they should be the “new guard” to lead us into a “brave new world”.

I got sick when I watched a news video of an ACLU attorney threatening the school board of Dover, Pennsylvania with attorney fees which would financially break the school district if they continued to defend their right to teach “intelligent design”. Boys and girls, can you spell EXTORTION?

There is a theory that the ACLU can be brought to justice for their unethical use of the court system to undermine the will and the beliefs of the majority of Americans . Some think that the RICO act provides the necessary safeguards for preventing the ACLU from becoming a fourth branch of government. Perhaps.

I think that the solution may be simpler than that. Perhaps the ACLU needs to be exposed for who they are. You know, like the man behind the curtain in the “Wizard of Oz”. Some say that the Soviet Union would never have fallen if Ronald Reagan had not called them the “evil empire”. I think that if the Executive and Legislative branches of the U.S. Government would acknowledge the ACLU as the low life bottom feeders that they really are, a huge problem would be solved.