The Fix

Actor Johnny Depp attended an explosive funeral recently, according to OK! Magazine. The funeral was that of Hunter S. Thompson, whom Depp played in the movie adaptation of Hunter’s novel “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.” Hunter committed suicide last February and his cremated remains were fired out of a cannon shaped like a fist during the funeral proceedings. Let’s hope nobody was caught in the crossfire!

Pop Starlet Britney Spears apparently loves the geographical name trend set by notables like Victoria “Posh Spice” Beckham who named her son “Brooklyn.” According to MSN.com, Britney’s baby is due to arrive sometime in the next few weeks, and she loves the name “London” for a boy -that’s supposedly where she and husband Kevin Federline first hooked up. This lovely moment, is actually captured in their documentary “Chaotic,” a production better left on the cutting room floor than shown on national TV. There are some things you just don’t want to know.

And while we’re on the subject of London, actress Michelle Pfeiffer was car jacked while shopping in that merry old city, according to The London Daily Mirror. Supposedly, assailants surrounded Pfeiffer’s Range Rover while one man jumped in the car and drove off. Despite this dramatic picture, Pfeiffer’s representative denies her presence during the incident, saying only that her hired help was driving the vehicle. Her spokesperson told The New York Post that “she was just glad no one got hurt.” I’m sure the traumatized “hired help” appreciates her concern.

A new tribute to the late Beatle John Lennon opened on Broadway last week, according to OK! Magazine. Lennon: The Musical was performed with widow Yoko Ono’s blessing, and son Sean Lennon attended the opening night performance. Singer Liza Minnelli was also in attendance. The production incorporates nine different actors playing Lennon, four of whom are women-Ono is thrilled with the result!