SGA identifies pressing issues

To my fellow students:

Welcome to the 2005-2006 academic year. We all have an exciting year ahead of us, whether it is the beginning or the continuation of your collegiate career. I wish each and every one of you the very best. To those of you who are joining us for the first time, congratulations on your decision to pursue higher education. I assure you your welcome is warm and heartfelt. You are entering into a community of infinite possibilities. My wish for you is that your experience here is memorable and fulfilling. I hope you enjoy Northern Kentucky University and that the friendships made here grow and deepen. I am indeed very grateful that you are here and want you to know I will do everything in my power to make your stay here a pleasant one. Not to be overlooked are those of you returning- welcome back! It will be great working through the year with your presence on campus. Your knowledge and experience will prove to be of much assistance to many, so please, do not hold back. As your Student Government Association President, allow me to pledge my best efforts in continuing the diligent work of this organization. I will be faithful in the discharge of my duties and considerate of all. The week prior to the start of school, SGA held its annual Fall Senate Retreat. From the retreat came a mission statement and a detailed list of goals the senate plans on achieving in an effort to improve the student experience here. “As the Student Government Association of Northern Kentucky University of Fall 2005, we pledge to serve and represent the student body in a manner that is respectful, ethical and productive to the best of our ability.” Our goals this year focus on student issues such as housing shortages, university to student communication, academic programs and more. We have a year full of positive changes ahead of us, which will make open lines of communication absolutely crucial. With our focus on insuring each student is informed of campus events, we guarantee this will be an enjoyable time for you. I will conclude by simply saying you create your future now. Best wishes to all.