Norse recruiting

With the graduation quickly approaching, upperclassmen may be considering potential jobs to pursue.

The Campus Development Center has created Norse Recruiting for this specific reason.

Norse Recruiting, available to all Northern Kentucky University students, faculty and alumni, is a web-based system that hosts the resumes of prospective employees and allows employers to post available jobs. Interview schedules for on-campus recruiting can also be posted on the Web site.

Students will be able to search full-time, part-time or co-op jobs and interact directly with possible employers. They may also apply for jobs online.

According to the CDC Web site, they “have partnerships with a variety of companies both large and small in the tri-state area and encourage all types of industry to participate in cooperative education opportunities, job posting/recruiting and attendance of career fair events.”

Norse Recruiting is also considered “a great way to connect employers to our alums,” as said on the Web site.

“The system has settings specifically for co-op job hunters and allows (the students) to save resumes and cover letters and track (their) progress, “according to a CDC release.

Although the service is offered at no charge, those interested in utilizing the Web page must contact the CDC to have a profile created.

The CDC advises students not to wait until the semester before they graduate to begin searching for a job, but rather submit their resumes and search for employment early. They also emphasize that they are not responsible for finding the student a co-op position. They assist in the job search by posting positions but do not place students in jobs.

For more information, contact the CDC by phone at 572-5680, e-mail HYPERLINK “mailto:cdc@nku.edu” cdc@nku.edu or stop by their office at UC 230. According to CDC, students will need to provide their full name, e-mail address and birth date in order to activate an account within 48 hours.