Hot Seat with Mark Hawking

Blue

In this week’s Hot Seat, John interviews Mark Hawking. Mark is a freshman on this year’s men’s basketball team.

John Rasp: How did you make the decision to attend NKU? Mark Hawking: I chose NKU because I was being recruited for basketball. It was the top school on my list.

JR: Who is the best dancer on the team? MH: It would have to be either Walt (Mike Kelsey) or Sean (Rowland).

JR: What’s the hardest thing about being a freshman basketball player? MH: The hardest thing about being a freshman is taking all the stuff from the seniors. You get picked on a lot, but it’s all in good fun.

JR: Out of all the seniors, who picks on you the most? MH: It would have to be Walt and Sean.

JR: Out of the freshman, who is the best one-on-one player? MH: I think it would be Billy (Finnell). He’s deceptively quick.

JR: When are we going to see you dunk in the game? MH: Whenever I get in the game and get a chance to.

JR: What’s your best road trip story? MH: When we were in Michigan, we got stuck in the elevator. All of us that were stuck had to crawl out.

JR: Who would you say is the best player at Playstation II on the men’s basketball team? MH: I’ve only played against Rhino (Kevin Reinhardt), and he seems to beat me a lot even though I talk a lot of trash.

JR: Which women’s player would most likely beat you in a game? MH: Karen (Creager).