Campus briefs

Bailey resigns from SGA executive board

Student Government Association President Andy Hixson announced at the student senate’s Jan. 24 meeting that Amanda Bailey had resigned from her position of SGA vice president of academic and student affairs.

Bailey was the only SGA executive member that did not run on Hixson’s ticket last year in the spring semester election.

SGA is currently accepting applications for the vacant position. The deadline for receiving applications is Feb. 1.

Hixson and his executive council will then appoint a new vice president of academic and student affairs.

The appointed vice president will have the position for the remainder of the semester.

Outstanding advisers to be recognized

Students are encouraged to nominate their adviser for the Outstanding Academic Adviser Awards to honor their service to Northern Kentucky University. Nominees can be any current, full-time NKU faculty or staff members with at least three years of advising experience, excluding previous winners of this award.

The winners will receive $1,000. All nominations should be forwarded to the Office of the Vice-Provost, Lucas Administrative Center 834, by March 18. Nomination packets can be found in the Old Science building, room 411.

Registration begins for flag football tournament

Students should begin forming teams now for the Norse Bowl Feb. 12. This Homecoming Flag Football Tournament is a single-elimination tournament with teams competing for the title of “Norse Bowl Champion.”

The winning team will have their team name engraved on the Norse Bowl trophy. Entry deadline is Feb. 8 at the Campus Recreation Center.

For more information, contact Jill Kleiser at (859) 572-5728.