Campus Briefs

SGA to host Veterans Day celebration The Student Government Association has allocated $1,000 from its budget to host a Veterans Day celebration on Nov. 11. The Student Involvement Committee requested the funds to purchase 500 American flags and to pay for a reception that will follow the celebration. The event will begin at 11 a.m. and will take place on the University Plaza. Rep. Ken Lucas will join in on the celebration as a special guest speaker.

Registration for spring semester under way Super-priority registration for the spring 2005 semester begins Nov. 3 for students in the Honors Program. Graduate and post-baccalaureate students are eligible to register on Nov. 4, while the priority registration schedule for undergraduate students starts on Nov. 5. For a complete priority registration schedule, visit http://www.nku.edu/~registrar/prioritysched.

Lake construction may cause problems NKU awarded a contract for the $2.4 million lake renovation project Oct. 26. Construction will begin immediately: the lake will be drained and the fish will be transported to a new home around Nov. 11. Assistant Vice President for Facilities Management Larry Blake said in an e-mail to NKU students that the construction will result in some inconvenience. This project will impact parking and traffic flow near the lake, as a portion of lot J will be closed on Nov. 4. Odors coming from the bottom of the lake may also affect students. He said, however, that the cooler weather may help minimize the potential odor issues.

SGA offers book grants The Student Government Associaiton has created applications for book grants. The applications are available in the SGA office and must be completed and returned by Nov. 12 at 4 p.m. to the Dean of Students Office.