American racing lacks pride

In America, it seems that nationalism is often pushed to the side for individualism.

Americans consider themselves a large number of individuals rather than a collective whole.

This can be found in many aspects of American culture, one of which is racing.

American racing fans root for their favorite racecar driver. They have clothing, collectibles, bumper stickers, posters and other items displaying their favorite racer’s name and car number.

If you ever watch a race that’s taking place in another country, you won’t see that as much.

What you will see is fans waiving huge flags of their country, in support of the driver or drivers that come from their homeland.

There’s a sense of national pride among race fans in other countries.

Even the racecars themselves have the drivers’ home country’s flag next to their name listed on the window.

There’s not as much of a sense of pride with racecar drivers in America. It’s more of an “I like that guy” attitude. In most cases, Americans don’t even support drivers from their home state or hometown.

There isn’t much merit upon which they determine whom their favorite driver is.

One problem is that international sports aren’t as popular in America as they are in other countries.

This is most apparent in auto racing, with soccer coming in at a close second.

NASCAR is by far the most popular type of auto racing in America, while circuits such as Formula One, World Rally Championship, 24 Hours of Le Mans and others are known only known by few.

Luckily, with the exposure in magazines, the Internet and cable channels such as SpeedTV, these types of racing are receiving more coverage in America.

Hopefully, this increased coverage will encourage more Americans to take an interest in these types of racing.

If interest in these types of racing increases then it will increase the likelyhood of these racing coming to America.

Who would want to watch a NASCAR driver race around in circles when you can see a WRC driver go over jumps and drive through dirt, mud, snow, gravel and water?

Although there is a small American fan base for the WRC and Formula One does visit America, they still don’t receive the recognition they deserve.

American drivers are also not represented much in international racing circuits. Those loyal, American fans of international racing have no one from their own country to root for.

If international racing does gain popularity in America, then hopefully a sense of pride will increase among its fans.