Hot seat with David Lies

John Rasp

Blue

In this week’s hot seat, John interviews David Lies. David is a junior on the men’s soccer team and also played basketball for the Norse his freshman season. David’s sister (Kristen) also plays for the women’s soccer team.

John Rasp: Why is this year’s record so much different than last years?

David Lies: I guess this year we’ve had a lot of good breaks. We have guys that play hard and expect to win now, so we are getting it done.

JR: Between you and your sister (Kristen who plays for the NKU women’s soccer team), who will score more goals this year?

DL: Hopefully my sister, because I play in the back. She should definitely get more chances than me and hopefully more goals.

JR: Who will get more cards between you and your sister?

DL: She is a lot calmer than I am. I get mad on the field and she stays calmer, so I’ll probably get more cards.

JR: The defense has only given up one total goal so far this year. If you were playing the women’s team, which player would most likely score on you?

DL: Amy Law is a real good player. She’s fast so that could get us into trouble, but I think we could handle it. We could shutout the girls.

JR: If a playoff game came down to a shootout, which five players would you like to see take the penalty kicks?

DL: Randy Walters, Andy Bacon, Kyle Roberts, Chris Berberich and I want to take the last one.

JR: What is the most fired up you’ve seen Coach Basalyga?

DL: It was during warm-ups when we were five minutes late and he ran down to the field and chewed us out. We won the game so I guess it worked.

JR: How it like to have 14 freshman on the team this year?

DL: The freshman have been real good for us this year. There are a lot of them, but they have good attitudes, they listen, they play hard, and they are some of the good players on the team.So we like to have them around.

Hot seat with David Lies