Grand jury indicts Pace

The Campbell County grand jury indicted former Student Government Association President Chris Pace on a felony charge of tampering with public records Aug. 26.

Northern Kentucky University Police Department Detective Rob Yelton filed a criminal complaint July 19, testifying that Pace took public records from the SGA office and discarded them in a campus dumpster June 29. Yelton based this to be true from his investigation and interviews with witnesses.

A warrant of arrest was then issued July 20, signed by Judge Karen Thomas. Pace turned himself in at the Campbell County Courthouse July 22, where he was released on his own recognizance with the condition that he is not to be around the SGA office.

The case will now go before the Campbell County Circuit Court for arraignment on Sept. 9 at 11:15 a.m.

Director of Public Safety Harold Todd said that his department has been looking at two new suspects. One has been cleared after passing a polygraph, while the other is still under investigation. Todd said that his office feels other people collaborated with Pace.

No suspects have been criminally charged in connection with the vandalism that also took place in the SGA office June 29. Many computer keyboards in the office were missing the letters ‘L,’ ‘I,’ ‘A’ and ‘R.’

Assistant Commonwealth Attorney Anthony Bracke declined to comment due to ethical implications.

Pace nor defense attorney Marcus Gale were available for comment.